Sunday, June 12, 2005

Life: Nature's way of keeping the meat fresh

I have been programming the revolution today. All revolutions have to start in HTML these days. I’ll show you what I’m talking about in a few days, perhaps a week or two. I have also been stringing beads together again. It’s a compulsion I get every month or so. Today I made a bracelet from turquoise, jade, blue agate, malachite, sodalite and aventurine. Say them out loud and it sounds about as pretty as my bracelet looks. Also some glass and plastic, but you don’t have to say that out loud.

I love the way that Earth/ God/ Nature/ Brian From Up The Road made these beautiful things before beginning on the creation of life, organic life. Obviously once again, I’m not talking about the plastic. But it’s all good stuff.

I had a really long sleep in the bath yesterday which was very unpleasant. I just seem to have this thing whereby if I come into contact with warm water I just nod off. Yesterday I managed to turn onto my side in the bath such that I had water going up my nose and trickling down the back of my throat but not enough to choke and wake me. Just enough to give me a killer sore throat when I woke up surrounded by cold water, my limbs having stiffened, no idea what time of the day or night it was.

When I used to sleep alone, I would have this thing where I woke up so cold that I would wonder for a brief moment whether I had in fact died in the night. This is a cheery subject, isn’t it? But seriously, I would feel colder inside than I did on the outside and in those days I used to get paresis first thing in the morning so that various bits of me wouldn’t move when I told them to. Plus I guess back then I couldn’t understand that you can be very ill without your life being in any danger. If I had woken up dead (a contradiction in terms, but I was a teenager at the time) then I wouldn’t have been particularly surprised.

One morning I woke up cold like this and nothing would budge an inch. It was the scariest real thing that ever happened to me (I have been more frightened, but not about real things). I lay there for about half an hour, tears rolling down my cheeks before finally I managed to pull my toes up towards me and the gradually everything began to return to life.

It’s a bit of a life, death and the universe day, can you tell? Sorry.

So then, what’s been on the mind of the nation; the most brilliant use of an organ in a piece of music. Is it

(a) Saint-Saens – Carnival of the Animals
(b) Bach – Toccata and Fugue in D minor or
(c) Bob Marley and the Wailers – No Woman No Cry?

I know I’m a heathen, but there you have it. My feet is my only carriage so I’ve got to push on through (not my grammar, baby).

4 comments:

The Goldfish said...

Doh! Yeah, I guess so... :-)

See this? I have a great long list of classical music I haven't got and although this would duplicate much of my collection, do you think I ought I to buy it? Do you reckon those recordings would be any good?

Agent Fang said...

Hi GF, Ooh, I do love 'The Swan' from Saint-Saens. It's an all time favourite relaxation track. Play, repeat, play, repeat, play, repe....... zzzzzzz />)

Anonymous said...

...

Please, please don't let us all toddle onto Ouch! one morning to find that you've drowned a wet and snoozy death in your bath. Please.

PS I have only just managed to organise my brain enough to connect DH and Teh Goldfish. Bit slow, me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Goldfish,

yuck about falling asleep in the bath tub. Have done that in the past myself. Probably feulled by alcohol though at that time..

Can totally identify with the parathesis thing does make ya feel dead when you wake in a surreal kinda not awake way.

Have to agree with AF, love "the Swan" :)

Hope today is good,

take care

K